It was predicted at the end of last year that nearly half of marketers would change job in 2016. Working in Business Development, it’s hard to keep track, so we help do that for you with our data and insight tool, Upstream, which provides a daily feed of who’s moved where, when, and why.
Often new appointments come with change and here is a summary of some of the latest company news and exciting new appointments in October to look out for:
Yoox Net-a-Porter Group
A number of changes have been going on at the group formed from the merger of Net-A-Porter and Yoox in 2015. October saw a new Global Brand Marketing Manager and CRM Manager appointed which is likely to suggest a renewed focus on data driven marketing.
- Alan Tyldesley – Global Brand Marketing Manager Alan joined October 2016, he was previously Group Brand Manager, Edwardian Hotels London; The May Fair, Radisson Blu Edwardian.
- Ruby Heera – CRM Manager, Mr Porter Ruby joined October 2016, previously she was CRM Manager, Office Shoes so brings some strong retail experience.
Victoria & Albert Museum
Following our new story in August announcing that the V&A would be hiring a new Director of Marketing and Communications, Sophie Brendel joined in October, during a period of significant expansion for the institution. It is currently developing two new satellite sites and is also extending its main site in Kensington, and collaborating on the development of a new design museum in Shenzhen, China.
- Sophie Brendel – Director of Marketing and Communications Sophie joined October 2016, previously Head of Digital Communications, BBC. Leads all marketing, press, public relations and brand activity for the V&A in the UK and internationally.
Online retailer Not On The High Street recently landed £21 million in investment funding as part of moves to expand its market in the UK and abroad. The funds will be used to further invest in the technology, innovation, marketing and operations of the website. They have also appointed a new Head of Consumer PR.
- Miranda Haire – Head of Consumer PR Miranda has recently joined notonthehighstreet.com as Head of Consumer PR. Miranda had previously worked at Blue Rubicon where she was an Associate Director – and prior to that was agency side at Ketchum.
Exciting times for Coty as it undertakes aggressive growth strategy with a couple of big acquisitions. The cosmetics giant recently completed a historic $12.5bn deal to buy much of P&G’s beauty business and has now confirmed that it is purchasing ghd for £420m.
Coty Inc recently announced the appointment of its future leadership in the UK & Ireland. The appointments are effective as of the close of the merger with P&G Specialty Beauty in October 2016.
- Daniel Minney – General Manager, Coty Consumer Beauty, UK & Ireland. Daniel, was previosuly Managing Director for Wella UK & Ireland, has 25 years of experience working with P&G across many categories and countries.
- Alexis Vaganay – General Manager, Coty Luxury, UK & Ireland. Alexis joined Coty from BIC and previously Unilever, where he held various GM and marketing roles across personal care and consumer products in North America and Europe.
- Andrew Kelsall – General Manager, Coty Professional Beauty, UK & Ireland. A UK native, Andrew has 20 years of sales and management experience and is currently the Managing Director for Wella in Brazil.
- Neil Sumner – Interim Digital and Media Director. Experienced director with a background in retail, media and technology. Track record creating strategy and delivering growth across global markets and previously had interim role with Kurt Geiger.
Whilst it may be tempting to rush into approaching each of these new movers and shakers, it’s always important to make sure that your approach is personalised, not just a generic email you send to all new appointments. And don’t expect an instant response; remember they have a new job to get to grips with and existing agency relationships to first understand.
To subscribe to our daily movers and shakers feed and stay ahead with latest company insight, click here.